Effects of stress
Stress manifests itself on a physical, mental and emotional level. Frequent and sustained stress depletes energy and debilitates the immune system.
Sufferers are more susceptible to infectious disease and will take longer to recover. Other symptoms include mood swings, anxiety, depression, poor self-esteem, alcohol and drug dependency, and numerous physical conditions such as headaches, allergies, high blood pressure, digestive problems and aches & pains.
Benefits of massage
- Creates a feeling of relaxation and well being
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Eases tense, aching muscles pain
- Reduces stiffness and aids joint flexibility
- Lowers blood pressure and heart rate
- Improves concentration and boosts energy levels
- Strengthens immune and circulatory systems
- Counteracts the effects of sitting all day at a desk
Stress in the Workplace | Back pain and RSI | Benefits for your Business